Monday, November 25, 2019

The Last One - for now

This is it folks! This is the last newsletter I will send out while on field as a missionary intern!! The next time you hear from me, I will be stateside, and it might just be in person!!!


Recent Happenings 


My trip to Hungary was so restful and refreshing. I was able to visit with many people, as well as sit in on the first years' class - Biblical Counseling. One of the people I got to visit with was Pam Konya. Her husband is the regional director in Europe (and also the reason I am in Czech Republic). She is such a sweet, wise woman and I love spending time with her.


I also got to spend a lot of time with Miriam. She is one of the Czech students, and also one of my closest friends here in Czech. She has grown so much just in the past couple months that she has been at the Bible Institute and I am going to miss her. I made her a blanket as a special gift for going to the BI and I was finally able to finish it. She was thrilled!


November 8-10 I went with a group of Deaf to Pisek, a little village on the border of Poland. A group of students learning sign language joined us to practice their sign language and learn more about Deaf culture. It was such a beautiful little village and we even went to the "Trojmezi", the point where Poland, Czech Republic, and Slovakia meet. So I can say I've stood in 3 countries at one time! I will greatly miss this group of people that I have grown so fond of, and who have welcomed me with open arms.

We are currently preparing for a camp we are hosting the last weekend in November. It is actually a church hosting, and we are renting the facilities, but also helping with the food and program. We will have students from the Bible Institute in Hungary to help, and we are looking forward to ministering to these kids that are coming.

Early in December we are having a Christmas party for the people that we work with here - pastors, church planters, teachers in the local schools, and our board members. Music, a short message, and of course lots of yummy things to eat! I am really looking forward to this event, because it will sort of officially usher in the Christmas season!

Over the past two years...

We have traveled, and ministered, and cooked, and cleaned, and lost sleep, and thrown parties, and hosted conferences, and held camps both on campus and remotely. As a staff we have adventured together, eaten together, cried together, laughed together, planned together.
I have grown a lot, and have found my home for the foreseeable future.
And most importantly, hundreds of kids and young people have "taken the next step with Jesus", whether that be salvation, dedication, or just steady growth.

Prayer Requests

- I have a meeting at the immigration office to discuss my visa and my extended absence from Czech. Pray that they will understand my situation and provide helpful information on what I should do with a visa that expires while I'm in the states! I don't want to have to restart the process from scratch once I'm fully supported.
- safe travels home on December 14th!
- I'm having a girls' Christmas party on the 9th. Pray for good connections as I say goodbye for now
- pray for Elyse. As I leave, most of the rental care and cleaning and laundry will fall to her, and it can be difficult to keep up with a small child at home.
- continue to pray for the Cook family as they raise support. They weren't able to make it here before Christmas, but we are praying they would be able to come by March of 2020.
- for my transition to the states for a time. It can be difficult to come off the field and adjust to life again.

I am so thankful for these two years. Even though I will be returning, it feels as though I am closing a chapter as I reorganize my apartment and pack to fly home. I have made some great memories and some greater friends. And without all of you back in the states, supporting me prayerfully and financially, none of it would be possible. Thank you all!!!

Love, Adele

P.S. Just in case I don't see you beforehand in person - Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!!



   

  








1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete